|"Check me out, I'm a lovely shade of poo. |
But I taste A-maz-ing!"
Raeanne's go-to smoothie (2nd edition)
- 1 cup almond milk (or 1/2 almond milk, 1/2 water)
- 1 heaping tbsp of my seed mix
- 1 scoop of protein powder, I use Genuine Health Vegan Protein+ Vanilla
- 1 tsp maca powder (a superfood, great for stamina, fatigue and helps you adapt to different environmental factors)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (the best antioxidant there is)
- 1 heaping tbsp of goji berries (another superfood/amazing antioxidant)
- 1 tbsp raw honey (full of good for you enzymes)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (some good fat!)
- 1 tbsp of prepared Irish moss (information on how to prepare Irish moss)
- 1-2 handfuls of greens (usually spinach, but whatever you've got)
- 1/4 cup of frozen berries
- 1/2 or whole banana (frozen is good, but not necessary)
Put everything into a blender and let it go! If you'd like it nice and cold, pulse in some ice cubes after the initial blend. This recipe can result in a pretty thick smoothie, so get out a glass straw or spoon and slurp it up.
Note: all the superfoods are optional as you may not have them all lurking in your cupboard as some of them can be expensive. Try to buy a new one every month to add to your pantry. That's what I'm doing as I know I still have a few more to add. Spirulina, you're next on my list!
|"I've overdosed on berries. Help!|
Thank goodness I have a matching straw!"