Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A pound (or two) at a time

This past summer I came to the conclusion that I was not being healthy in the way I eating and I was growing increasingly frustrated with my body. From the outside, it may not have looked too bad, but there were definite issues.

I'll talk a bit more about some easy things that made a big difference in my life in another post. But for today, I'll focus on this little trick. In the last two weeks I have lost 3.5 pounds, and the major thing controlling that weight loss is this silly little free app I have on my IPhone. It's called MyFitnessPal. I downloaded it quite a while ago but have been seriously using it in the last few weeks. It's awesome!


At it's simplest, it's a calorie counter. But at it's most complex it's a massive database of everything you could ever want to eat with nutritional value for everything. In any case, it has saved me from guessing how many calories might be in something, because you can enter recipes and it will calculate the calories per serving. I've even adjusted some recipes, played around with them to cut the calories big time without compromising the taste (super useful if you bake, like I do).

It's a simple tool. And I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment