Saturday, January 15, 2011

New things

Earlier this week I finally bought myself a new computer. My old Dell desktop is at least 5 years old. And while it still works, it past its prime a while ago. So the new laptop is a  HP model. And so far I like it a lot. It's not your typical black/silver model either... the colour is called "biscotti". Fun and girlie!

So with new computer comes fun things like more shopping online! Tonight I placed two orders. One at American retailer Lands' End and the other from Chapters-Indigo.

A colleague at work told me about great deals on bathing suits at Lands' End and given that I'm off to the Mayan Riviera in exactly five weeks, I am in need of some new bathing suits. So shopping for bathing suits isn't my cup of tea, trying to find ones that actually fit the girls is a big issue. Bonus is that there are certain suits that come in D-DD-DDD sizes! I followed their sizing chart and measured myself, with some help from the bf. So fingers crossed they will fit! The prices in the "overstock" section are fantastic. Although I had to pay a bit of duty and a small shipping charge, I still think it ended up being a good deal.

Finally, at Chapters-Indigo, I ordered a couple books to keep me motivated on my weight-loss plan this year. A new cookbook and another book by Dr. Joey Shulman, a Canadian weight-loss expert who was highly recommended by my chiropractor/holistic nutritionist.

www.gordonramsay.com/corporate/products/books/










































































www.drjoey.com/books

I'm looking forward to receiving all my goodies!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm - Land's End for bathing suits ... I've never been brave enough to buy a bathing suit online. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. But I thought, what the hell, can't hurt to try. And if their sizing chart is accurate they should fit perfect. Whether they'll look good is another question.

    ReplyDelete